Introduction

Blog of the research of the case of Manuel Blanco Romasanta, known as “Sacamanteigas”, first lycanthrope registered in the files of the European justice.

Friday, May 15

Presentation

This site is created for following-up the study and investigation that I am carrying out with the support of the Lycan Foundation.
It will work like a notebook of binnacle where I could count my experiences, the finds and discoveries that I will do along the investigation. I will turn it into an agenda with information, notes, explanations and enclosedly discoveries.

The investigation that I am to realizing is about the story of. Manuel Blanco Romasanta known by the nickname of Sacamanteigas or Sacauntos. It is the first case known about lycanthropy in Spain and that the first as well on which the files are known by the justice.

The story of the Saca manteigas takes palce in Galicia, in the northwest of. Spain, just over Portugal, in the most western and Atlantic Europe, in Ourense's province. Romasanta moved for some other provinces but I select this territory for the importance and the meaning of the facts realized there by the protagonist.

My training comes from the world of the Philosophy, in concrete I am an anthropologist. I used to work at the frame of the investigation and the last year at projects related to the Lycan Foundation.
This institution entrust to me the study of this interesting and unknown project with the objective to throw light to Manuel Blanco Romasanta's real story.

The protagonist of the research is almost a myth and his story penetrated the borders. It turns out to be specially the interpretation that did the different familiar generations of the phenomenon, in such a way that it is difficult to discern where it ends the royal history and where starts the legend.

No comments: