Introduction

Blog of the research of the case of Manuel Blanco Romasanta, known as “Sacamanteigas”, first lycanthrope registered in the files of the European justice.

Tuesday, May 19

Arrival to Europe.

I finish of sitting down in front of the computer of this old pension of Ourense's old hull. The first thing that I think is that probably my temporary residence, when it was not used as accommodations for strangers and It was the official residence of the members of a family of nobles, Manuel Blanco Romasanta could be a connoisseur of this "Pazo” (Country house), probably even he sold them silk scarves or some iron stuff.
Little by little, for that not know, I will be telling you the history of the Sacamanteigas. He was “quincalleiro” of profession, was one of these ambulant shopkeepers that they were walking for the deep Ourense that still even he makes small well they could be seen.
My first day in the territory Sacamanteigas was exhausting. My plane landed late in the Barajas Airport, in Madrid. Very early in the morning was difficult to see the sunshine. Europe received me with a marvellous warm day. Here the pace oflife is very different from Newberry's tranquility. I realized of this change when I rented a car to go to Ourense. Madrid is a modern city, capital of an old state, where the importance of being part of the powerful old Europe wasn’t an inpediment to enter to form part of the globalized world . It’s for that from the outside the city looks impersonal and ugly, as a great eater of. individual indentities, small stories and the "images to the sauvette".
Reached this point I have to talk about Mr. Antón, he would be my colleague during my trip to Europe, but not physically.
Antón is the Portuguese voice of the GPS of the rented car.
Each language has a typical name of each country. I harried up in putting it in Portuguese to practice it, because of for years I have it left.
In the 1999, when I did a research about the six thousand languages which still alive in Brazil. At that time my stay had been longer and let me learn Portuguese, language which will be very useful in this new adventure because of In Galicia a similar language is spoken.
Mr. Antón guides me through the road A-6 to the Northwest of Spain.
Parts of the road remains me the wide extensions of Texas desert .
It is Castile (Castilla), though Texas's difference the reddish color only is in the housings of the minuscule settlements of mud, which contrast with the big yellow extensions of hay.
And while Mr. Antón indicates the detours and crossroads to me I digress about the importance that it has to know site that you study, and develop the investigation in situ... I, who for the texts that I handled was imagining big wooded frondages, for the descriptions that the own Romasanta does in the court of 1st Instance (Authority) of A Coruña, where he speaks about the oakwoods and the pastures where he committed the crimes under the psychological disorder that was suffering, the lycanthropy...As soon as I take another road called A-52, and suddenly all starts to change little by little. It seems that I sink in another country, and now I must be in territory Sacamanteigas . Yellow colors turns in to green , a few constructions at the edge of a road of high capacity are old brown stone, just like I had imagined.

No comments: