Introduction

Blog of the research of the case of Manuel Blanco Romasanta, known as “Sacamanteigas”, first lycanthrope registered in the files of the European justice.

Wednesday, May 27

Montederramo, the death of the legend.

Conscious of having a long day ahead, I approach to the same cafe of every morning in order that on having entered, the waiter surrounded with beveled crystals and coarse figures kitsch of ceramics, agrees with the soft down eyelids. Without having to ask for nothing, comes without delays with my luncheon of diary. It is seen that you can not have a morning whim...

I follow the road. I notice that I do not have turn on the Mr. Antón, It. looks llike I will be able to go, since I have learned up to every curve, which they are not small.
It could not be differently, the detour to Montederramo is an impossible way for two cars. The first space car to be able to park it presides at huge monastery, Montederramo Santa Maria, an important Renaissance complex of the year 1.124, according to his its foundational document.
This time I chase two important points of the Sacauntos life: The Gorbias and the Redondela. Without losing time in the walkers, I approach up to the town hall. I am surprised of seeing two civil servants, and the disposition of the own mayor to attend to the queu of the citizenship.

The Gorbias it is a place located in an equidistant point between the lands of Vilar de Barrio and Montederramo, in San Mamede's mountains. The dice which I have are the declarations that the own Romasanta did to both two Audiences (Allariz and A Coruña): a shaded, crammed place of trees, and that is not far very much from one supposition road that communicated Rebordechao (Vilar de Barrio and Fontedoso or Gabín, already in another face of the mountain, inside Montederramo's boundaries.

This other day in Rebordechao, to my question, they had not hesitated to point the far hill, assuring that there were The Gorbias, but advise me that had been better to go from Montederramo if I did not want to lose me in the mount. Like that how I had in several occasions the opportunity to shot with the camera the outeiral, but always as some kind of inaccessible place, The Gorbias were like playing with me , as if they had known that one could not see a simple tree. Nobody could assure me where was placed with accuracy, but I knew myself increasingly nearby. It. was as if the place had remained closed forever from middle of the nineteenth-century being afraid that some secular tree could have revealed there happened.

Thankfully, Antonio Rodríguez, besides being a mayor of Montederramo is woodkeeper, he knows every point of the mounts that there come together there.

After pointing out The Gorbias in a street directory, he formulated the interesting offer of doing me of driver up to there. Apparently there is no way of going if is not with a car of traction to four wheels. But it would be for the late afternoon, when finishes the mayor's day starts the watchman of the mountain.

During the rest of the morning I visited the monastery. Part of it is dedicated as a school. When I saw the boys I could not suppress the desires of asking him if they knew the Man of the Grease. But, as well as the major ones know all of his existence in these lands, in the college only I found negative answers.
Since I occupied good report of the playtime the answer upbringing, the director of the center achegóuseme for was tried(meant) by what was walking to planning. Minutes later he made a formal invitation in order that a conference gave to the boys the fence of the life and Romasanta's "work", which I accepted.

During the speech, I tried to create an environment distended to foment participation, this way it was how I obtained that Breixo Soutomaior, a small blond boy with the bluest eyes that I had ever seen before start with the monologue:

“Érache un homón malo ás sabendas [...] collía cas mulleres cara á Serra e xa nada delas se volvía saber [...] el andar andouche a vivir para alá dun ano ou máis na Cova da Serra [...] Á fin pillárono os carabineiros. No cárcere non lle daban de comer, e rematou por levalo a Morte.”

" He was a bad man [...] he was taking women towards Serra and already nothing
of them if she) was returning to know [...] he was living for there of one year
or more in the Cave of the Mountain [...] the police plundered it from the fin.
In the jail they were not feeding him, and he ended for the Death taking it."


None of them the part of Heather had heard before speaking about a like that history, possibly for the overprotection that they suffer the kids, separating them of any history that could be a reason of the spoilt infantile traumas of Freudian.


Montederramo location

See Montederramo in a bigger map

No comments: